Solicitor Application Instructions
- The permit process begins with a completed application. Along with the completed application, each applicant will need to provide a valid photo ID or Driver License.
- The application shall be accompanied by a forty dollar ($40.00) fee for the original solicitor or applicant, plus a forty dollar ($40.00) fee for each additional solicitor. In addition, the applicant shall pay a fifteen dollar ($15.00) fee for each identification card issued. Forms of payment acceptable are credit/debit cards, money orders or cash. Money orders must be made payable to the Decatur Police Department. No refunds will be issued.
- If said applicant is a corporation incorporated under the laws of the State of Texas, the corporation shall provide a certified copy of the charter or articles of incorporation to be attached.
- If said applicant is a corporation incorporated under the laws of another state, the corporation shall provide a certified copy of its certificate of authority to do business in the State of Texas, and that shall be attached.
- A permit may be denied if the applicant has been convicted of certain felonies or misdemeanors, or had other specific unfavorable judgments entered in the previous five years from date of application.
- Upon approval, each applicant will receive a solicitor permit letter and must be present at all times while soliciting in the City of Decatur.
For questions, can contact Chief Delvon Campbell at (940) 393-0300 or via email. Please turn in all applications to the Decatur Police Department, 1601 S. State St., Decatur, TX 76234
ARTICLE II. - PEDDLERS AND SOLICITORS